A view on life from a trailer in the middle of the tundra of Indiana.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Great female rock eh????

Magneta Lane, the best thing to come out of Canada…well…since Esthro really or maybe something from Ninja Tunes


I had my first "HOLY SHIT" moment with XM radio the other day and decided to not let this one slip by until this band became huge and I believe that they will become, at the minimum, well known. The luscious sound of the lead singer draws you in and the simple and moving guitar riffs cut straight through your soul, while the driving rhythms protrude the rift of your mind as the coup de grace. Needless to say, this band moves you into a world of hopeless poetry and art. After hearing just the last few minutes of "22" one day on the long and boring drive home, I was absolutely beside myself. The only thing that I could think about when I arrived at the hotel was buying that CD. It turned into an obsession almost instantly! I can not remember the last time that I was that elated at the thought of receiving a thing made of plastic. However, that elation was turned to awe when I received and listened to the masterpiece that I had received. The craftsmanship of this thing (not the CD itself by the way) was worth noting, waiting for, and proclaiming from the highest mountain. Well, after all things are said and done, Magneta Lane has become my favorite female band. My only complaint about the album is that it on has 10 tracks and they are not that long. If I had paid full price for it, which I didn't, it would have been a little disappointed. However, they have time to redeem themselves before their next album.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will have to listen to it when you come in town next, or download one of their songs...

4:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home